Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Dear Gran,

I wish you'd had a colonoscopy done several years ago. Do they even do routine preventative things like that in England, or does National Health not want to pay for it? They SHOULD want to, or they would end up paying a lot more to treat cancer patients instead. Anyway, I wish you'd gone for a colonoscopy. Then they could have found any polyps you had and removed them, and it would just be a little paragraph in one of your letters to me... "Dear Julia, I had a little procedure done on Wednesday. They removed some polyps from my colon so that I won't get cancer." Then I wouldn't be missing you now.

I love you, Gran. Don't think I'm forgetting about you. I never will. Did you know Scott and I got engaged ten days ago? I really love him, Gran. I know he will treat me right and be a good husband. Roger and Lois liked him too. I think Jeg will like him too. I think everyone will like him, because he is kind to me and takes good care of me. I wish you could have met him. He wanted to tell you he'd take care of me. That's what I told HIS Gran, when she was dying. I thanked her for taking care of him, and told her not to worry, because I'd take care of him now. She was delirious at the time, but I like to think she heard me and understood. Anyway, now he and I both need to take care of each other, with no Grans left. I think we will manage it.

I hope you are happy, Gran, wherever you are. I hope you're somewhere. I hope you remember me and love me still.

Love,
Granddaughter No. 1
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx