Saturday, June 10, 2006

Dear Gran,

Today I was reading through the letters I've sent you over the years, from my illegible two-year-old scribbles all the way to my recent writings. Many of them made me laugh. A few of them made me cry. And all of them remind me that writing to you has been a constant throughout my life. No matter where I was living - Antigua, Zimbabwe, South Africa, the U.S. - or with whom, or under what circumstances... I wrote to you, and you kept writing to me, even when it took me forever to reply. I could always count on the fact that, whatever happened to me, you were always there for me to write to, and I could expect a letter from you in the mailbox every couple of weeks. Are you still there... somewhere? Do you still wait to hear from me? I hope so, because I don't ever want to stop writing to you, Gran. I always want to be your Granddaughter No.1 and send you letters with my love and kisses at the end.

I LOVE YOU, GRAN
xxxxxxxXXXXXXXxxxxxxx